Cooperation in science and technology is a key element in national science and innovation systems and is vital in supporting our economic growth, and social and environmental wellbeing. This is because collaborative S&T research relationships are proven to produce better research and optimise environment for innovation breakthroughs.
ATSE has worked to enhance S&T international collaborations for Australia. This has been achieved through the engagement of Australia’s leading researchers, scientists, technologists and engineers in exchange programs, workshops numerous delegation and missions on S&T topics of national importance.
The aim of ATSE activities is to accelerating global research relationships by providing greater and more effective access to international science relationships.
ATSE has strong linkages with our sister academies around the world. We also link with many institutes and organisations to assist us facilitating collaboration.
Benefits of international collaboration include:
- participation of Australian experts in research activities of global significance;
- enhancing reputation of Australian science and technology;
- increasing quality of research publications,
- enhancing access to international expertise and networks of researchers
- Providing a stimulating environment which triggers new ideas, technologies and innovations;
- Facilitating access to new funding opportunities;
- Providing access to data, samples for testing and analysis, cutting edge technology, equipment and infrastructure;
- Increasing the cultural and professional development of Australian scientists.