ATSE is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We welcome applications from people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; who identify as LGBTIQ+; and people with disability.
Policy Project Officer
The Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering (ATSE) is seeking a Policy Project Officer. This role reports to the Director, Policy and Government Relations as part of a small team. Working closely with the team, the Policy Project Officer will be responsible for supporting and delivering projects aimed at informing evidence-based decision making.
The position requires strong experience managing competing deadlines, including managing simultaneous complex projects, and high level inter-personal skills. The successful candidate will have strong experience in policy research and writing, and demonstrated capability in bringing together diverse stakeholders towards a common aim. They will be collaborative but comfortable with a degree of autonomy, and bring a creative, problem-solving energy to the role.
KEY RESULTS AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Policy Project Officer will work as part of a small team to deliver evidence-based policy projects on strategic priority matters that will influence national debate and inform government, industry and the public.
To achieve this, the Policy Project Officer will:
- Co-ordinate and deliver policy projects, in collaboration with ATSE’s Fellows and policy team, in line with defined project plans, budgets and timeframes
- Manage, in consultation with the team, policy project plans, timelines, delivery and evaluation
- Research and draft policy reports, statements, toolkits and other project deliverables, as well as creating data collection mechanisms such as surveys, workshops, and consultation programs.
- Manage project budgets and reporting requirements professionally and to deadline
- Support ATSE’s Fellows to develop, revise and work to project plans in line with ATSE’s strategic objectives, including defining objectives, scope, deliverables, stakeholders and resourcing
- Support the Forums and team in monitoring and developing project opportunities, with reference to existing evidence, programs, and expertise
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with project stakeholders, both internal and external
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated experience and success in delivering policy-based projects, preferably in a STEM-based field
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, and ability to manage competing workload priorities as part of a team to achieve organisational priorities
- Excellent communication skills, in particular outstanding written communication and drafting
- Understanding of public policy development and implementation
- Qualifications in a field appropriate to the position
- Experience in, or a passion for, technology, engineering or science policy, research or industry
ATSE is committed to working towards a diverse and inclusive workforce. We acknowledge, respect and value the differences of all our team members, and welcome applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
Applicants are to provide a current resume with a cover letter of no more than two pages that demonstrates your suitability against the Selection Criteria. Applications close 5pm Sunday 8 August 2021.
For any enquiries relating to the role, please ring the ATSE office on 02 6185 3240.
ATSE is seeking a dynamic individual with demonstrated office administration experience. Reporting to the Director, Business Operations, the position works with teams across ATSE to ensure the smooth running of the Canberra and Melbourne offices, and provide administrative and project support. Occasional out-of-hours work or interstate travel may be required.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 18 July 2021.