The South Australian and Northern Territory Division of ATSE is delighted to invite you to join its ‘Top End’ Darwin Regional Tour scheduled for May 2023.
The tour is an exciting and unique opportunity to meet and hear about the Top End’s history, enterprise culture and communities directly from the local community in Darwin and Jabiru, as well as connect with Fellows, partners and friends.
It is guaranteed to be a very enjoyable, informative and unique experience for all participants.
The full schedule of activities involves:
1. Darwin Friday 26 (arrival) to Wednesday 31 (departure) May 2023:
- Parap and Ross Creek markets
- Option to choose to learn about Darwin’s Defence industries, War History, Flying Doctor History or the Overland Telegraph with a historian.
- Dinner at Darwin Hotel with a speaker with knowledge about Darwin/Top End History
- Humpty Doo Barramundi Farm
- Jabiru Kabolkmakmen Corporation – responsible for Jabiru’s economic redevelopment
- Ranger Uranium Mine
- Jabiru Indigenous College
- Anbangbang Billabong, Yellow Water Wetlands, Nourlangie Rock Visit, Kakadu National Park
- Window on the Wetlands
- Mango farm visit
- East Point Defence of Darwin activity or Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory
2. Option to extend for those who wish to visit the eastern Arnhem Land region from Wednesday 31 May to Saturday 3 June (depart Darwin):
- Travel to East Arnhem
- Arnhem Space Centre
- Indigenous forestry and furniture making enterprises
- Rio Tinto bauxite mine site rehabilitation visit
Places are strictly limited. There are 10 spots remaining so please register your intention to participate (plus spouses and any friends) by COB Thursday 22nd December 2022.
Should you need any further information or have any questions, please contact Rob Lewis (email@example.com).