2020 Australia-China Young Scientists Exchange Programme (YSEP).
The 2020 call for applications is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will provide updates as information becomes available.
The programme is a joint governmental initiative funded by the Australian Department of Industry, Innovation and Science and the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST). It is supported by the Australia-China Strategic Research Fund.
YSEP funds an annual exchange of Australian and Chinese early to mid-career researchers in the fields of science, technology and medicine. It is open to researchers in academia and research institutes and to researchers in business and industry.
This prestigious program aims to:
- Increase early to mid-career Australian and Chinese researchers’ understanding of the cultures, particularly the science and research practices and systems, of the two countries
- Develop the participants’ leadership skills as future “science ambassadors” for Australia and China
- Provide a catalyst for long-term, sustainable Australia-China research collaboration
Australian participants will:
- Travel to China between 11-24 October 2020 (pending DFAT travel advice). Please note that travel and visits must be undertaken during this period
- Undertake an individual program of research-related visits, meetings, seminars, workshops and symposia with Chinese partners, either in academic institutions and/or business and industry
Participants’ travel, accommodation and associated living costs will be covered by the program.
Any queries: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org