The Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering abides by the Code of Conduct to which all Academy personnel must adhere.
The Code of Conduct outlines the obligations and standards of behaviour expected from all employees to comply and contribute to the achievement of a professional and productive work culture characterised by the absence of unlawful and unacceptable workplace behaviours.
Corporate conduct and behaviour
- Maintain confidentiality of Academy and related information
- Remain openly accountable for its actions within the framework of the Academy’s responsibility to Academy Fellows, government and other stakeholders
- Disclose and avoid any conflict of interest
- Comply with all relevant laws of Australia
- Provide a workplace in which employment decisions are based on merit and value equity, diversity and inclusion
- Provide a workplace that treats all employees fairly and is free from discrimination and harassment
- Remain responsive to the Fellows in providing frank, honest, comprehensive, accurate and timely advice
- Provide leadership of the highest quality
- Establish workplace relations that value communication, consultation, co-operation and input from employees on matters that affect their workplace
- Provide a fair, safe and rewarding workplace
- Focus on achieving results and managing performance
- Act ethically, fairly, honestly and with integrity
- Respect co-workers, Fellows, stakeholders, suppliers and other service providers
- Act with due care and diligence
- Treat everyone with courtesy and avoid all forms of bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Comply with all applicable Australian laws and company policies
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by the Academy’s management
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality about the Academy’s dealings
- Not make improper use of inside information or power or authority to gain or seek to gain a benefit or advantage for the employee of for any other person
- At all times behave in a way that upholds the Academy’s values, integrity and good reputation.
Fellows of the Academy
This Code of Conduct applies to Fellows of the Academy while representing the Academy in an official capacity and/or engaging directly with Academy employees.
For more information, email email@example.com.