The values by which ATSE conducts its day-to-day operations, and the expectations it places on its Fellows, staff and the organisations and people that it partners with, are:
Integrity & transparency
Integrity and transparency underpin our endeavours to deliver our purpose.
Regardless of age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, religion, culture, disability, marital status or political affiliation we are committed to diversity and inclusion because they are fundamental human rights, and because they deliver better outcomes for ATSE and our partners.
We work collaboratively across the Academy and in partnership with other organisations, because doing so is critical to our success and therefore to the prosperity of Australia.
Excellence & independence
We seek to be excellent, independent and innovative in all that we do, and to have that excellence recognised nationally and internationally. We celebrate excellence in the work of our Fellows, and as we lead in applied science, technology and engineering more broadly.
We strive to support environmental, social and economic sustainability through our activities and operations.
Staff work together and with Fellows to create a workplace where we:
- treat each other respectfully, fairly and ethically
- have a zero-tolerance policy towards discrimination, harassment and bullying
- are professional and courteous
- are passionate about our work and strive to add value every day
- share a sense of timeliness
- value initiative and leadership
- encourage performance, and reward honest reflection and continuous improvement
- place the utmost importance on work health, safety and wellbeing in all work places and spaces
- and enjoy our work.
Diversity and inclusion
Technology, engineering and science professions have a serious problem with gender balance and workplace culture. Read more about: