ATSE’s Emerging Leaders Network will support 20 high-potential young people from diverse backgrounds to grow their capability as emerging leaders. They will be valued and included in ATSE’s policy work to help Australians understand and use technology to solve complex problems.
ATSE’s Emerging Leaders Network will enhance the contribution that youth in STEM in Australia can make to applied science, technology, and engineering to solve the big issues facing our nation in a fast-changing world. The Network will enable competitively selected participants the opportunity to:
• Enhance their leadership capacities
• Work and learn alongside senior scholars and industry leaders within ATSE’s Fellowship
• Be mentored by senior scholars and industry leaders within ATSE’s Fellowship, and
• Contribute to robust and practical thinking to inform Australia’s response to complex challenges.
Members of the Network will have the opportunity to develop the skills necessary for influencing policy, engaging with senior leaders, and expanding their professional networks across the breadth of Australian STEM leadership.
Applications for the ATSE Emerging Leaders Network will open on Friday 1 September 2023.
The selected participants will commence their activities in November 2023.
The ATSE Emerging Leaders Network Guidelines outline the scope of work, ATSE’s Forums and the International Steering Group, the structure of the ATSE Emerging Leaders Network, roles and responsibilities, and benefits of members of the ATSE Emerging Leaders Network. It also includes information on the eligibility criteria, process, and time of application consideration.
Applications should be completed in the form below. In the form you will be required to upload a letter of reference, which should:
• Be on official letterhead
• Contain your referee’s current contact information: title, full name and email address, contact phone (for business hours calls)
• Describe the professional relationship between the candidate and the referee (max 100 words): How long have you known the candidate? In what context?
• Provide a statement to support the application to be a member of the ATSE Emerging Leadership Network (max 200 words): Demonstrated leadership capabilities; commitment to social justice; and knowledge of the STEM sector
Applications close in late September 2023.
The ATSE Emerging Leaders Network has been established with the aim to support youth in STEM bring unique perspectives to many of the national and global challenges that society faces and will in turn bring new perspectives to ATSE’s policy and advocacy work. The network will provide youth with an opportunity to develop leadership capacity, work and learn alongside established scholars and industry personnel within the ATSE Fellowship, and contribute to robust and practical thinking to Australia’s big debates.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss this application in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact ATSE at STEMcareers@atse.org.au or 02 6185 3240.
ATSE is committed to providing equitable access and therefore if you would prefer to submit your application in a different format (for example a zoom meet up with our team, a pre-recorded video or a series of drawings), please contact the team at STEMcareers@atse.org.au
Or write to us: The Privacy Officer, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Level 2, 28 National Circuit Forrest ACT 2603