The Digital Transformation Agency’s (DTA) refresh of the Digital Transformation Strategy is taking place in the context of significant current events such as the COVID-19 pandemic, which has resulted in changing attitudes toward digital services and the rapid acceleration of data and technology-driven transformation.
In this context ATSE sees a range of priorities and opportunities for a refreshed strategy and recommends the following seven priorities:
- Embrace a citizen-centric approach
- Nurture public trust in government handling of citizen data
- Establish a ‘whole of government’ data architecture
- Embrace emerging technologies (such as artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things)
- Create transparent and measurable milestones, deliverables and undertake international benchmarking
- Modernise service delivery by embracing current and emerging technologies
- Adopt online support systems
Download our submission to read more.